Healing the Kidneys. Part OneSeptember 28, 2021
Healing the Kidneys. Part ThreeOctober 19, 2021
Healing the Kidneys
The urinary system is comprised of:
- Two kidneys—Secrete waste, known as urine.
- Two ureters—Carry the urine from the kidneys to the bladder.
- Bladder—Collects the urine.
- Urethra—Tubes by which the urine exits the body.
The kidneys have many important functions, such as:
- Monitoring the strength of the bones and the health of the bone marrow.
- Filtering impurities from the blood, regulating chemical levels, and discharging excess waste
through the urine.
- Regulating salt-water balance, blood pressure, and red blood cell production in bone marrow.
- Converting vitamin D to a more active form.
Resting on top of the kidneys are the adrenal glands, which are responsible for releasing hormones in response to stress, so the kidneys are also involved with producing hormones and enzymes.
“My interest is in the present, because I’m spending my life there now” Dr Mirella